I Drunk The Punch

An irregular but hopefulling interesting blog.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

They can both take a long walk off a short bridge.

Ahhh, the last day to be inundated with ads by people that most likely will violate the oath of their office and our Constitution. I'm so glad the end is in sight. It makes me thank God I have Tivo now, that my PO box is next to the trash can and that nobody has decided to use XM as a campaign outlet yet.

It amazes me that the public continues to vote for "the lesser of two evils", because voting for the candidate that they think is the most qualified or seems the best choice, is "throwwwing a vote away". If you took all the voters that SAY they believe this Libertarian candidate is incredible and impressive, but voting for him may take away from this other candidate, thereby helping the one I definitely don't want to win. If you took all those voters and actually got them to vote their principles, a great change would take place and we may see a stop to the madness we've become so accustomed to.

Starting in 2000, I decided to always vote based on my principles, regardless of the possible affect it may have in terms of swaying a vote towards one candidate or another. I'm not going to waver and play the strategic voting game. I'm willing to accept the consequences of my actions. It's not like I'm going to lose a limb, have my pet taken away or never get to watch The Biggest Loser again. It may mean, I can't get an abortion or have to give up 60% of my income to support lazy welfare slugs. It may mean I see our national security disintegrate and illegal aliens flood our cities. It may mean I see all private schools be taken over by government or that I see the rights of two consenting adults of the same sex put in jail for loving one another. It may mean lots of things, but I'm gonna do what's right.

I believe that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose. This is part of the "Statement of Principles" of the Libertarian Party. Their platform and more can be read at
http://www.lp.org/issues/platform_all.shtml .

If you play the lesser of two evils game, your thowing your vote away, not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home